Featured Post

Review Paper Princess/Broken Prince (The Royals) by Erin Watt

Hello fellow book addicts If there is one series that you have to read this year it has to be The Royal series by Erin Watt. As always the...

Monday, October 13, 2014

*Review* Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

Hey Addict's

I'm back again with another awesome review for you. This time my review spotlight is on Author Penelope Ward. I have not read any of her previous books, but the buzz on her new release defiantly caught my eye. I'm glad I did one click that baby. Not to spoil my review so i'm going to give you all the cover and blurb followed by my review.




22843341


Blurb

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you. 

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be. 

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here. 
I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room. 
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him. 

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night. 

Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California. 

It had been years since I’d seen Elec. 

When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again. 

And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.

I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.

Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel. 

**Contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+


My Review



5 freakin stars!!


This is the first book in a long time that has kept me up all night, simply because I did not want to stop reading.

  I can't really put into words how much of a emotional roller coaster of a ride this book has been for me to read. I started in this book thinking hey this is going to remind me of another author named Penelope who's book that came out a few months ago. 

Not the same storyline!!!

I instantly connected with Greta because she is in all aspects innocent. She is no where near naive she does stand her ground when Elec(her stepbrother) is being an ass towards her. But that is the fun part of the two of them interacting towards each other. There are scenes that made me laugh out loud in the first part of the book. Don't get me wrong the second half also had it's laugh out loud moments. Mainly Greta's friend and neighbor Sully but I will get to the second half in a bit. 

Greta is fighting off her attraction to Elec, she doesn't want to be attracted to him but hey when your a teen your hormones normally make all the decisions for you lol. There are some really sweet moments between the two that show's that Elec, is not a douche after all. It does indeed get frustrating for Greta when she thinks she has broken through Elec's, hard exterior only to be pushed away again.  

One of my favorite scenes in the beginning of the book was when Elec brought a date with him to the cafe where Greta works. Greta decides she has had enough of Elec and his asshole ways and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. Unfortunately it backfires on her and she end up getting a taste of Elec. 

The end of part one is where we get to see Elec's true feelings for Greta and vice verse.  My heart twisted for the both of them when they had to part ways. 

Now on to part 2

Part 2 of the book has a bittersweet tone to it because Greta and Elec are reunited under tragic circumstances. 

The reason why I say the story is bittersweet is because the bitter is( I will pull a spoiler alert card here.) 

Elec comes back home and he is not alone. Greta has discovered that Elec has a serious girlfriend who you might say is a total sweetheart. 
"In another life, this girl could have been my best friend" Greta was thinking that because she was so easygoing and someone you can vent to. but due to her lingering feelings for Elec( she basically never gotten over him) that was something that will not happen. I particularly like the fact that Elec and Greta did have a chance to spend some time by themselves.  Of course some of their issues didn't get resolved but it was fun to see the two of them having fun until the end of the night. 

I was left wondering what would be of Greta when Elec left to go back to California. Those questions and more that he didn't tell Greta come to light when he sends her a manuscript of his Autobiography.

I was left emotional after reading his inner thoughts about his father, his mother and when he first met Greta. Penelope certainly brings everything full circle when Greta reads and finishes the manuscript. 

Like I mentioned before this story has been one emotional roller coaster of a ride and I felt as though I did not want to get off when I read the epilogue. I wonder if Penelope would be interest in writing this story from Elec's full point of view.  The flow of the story was excellent and Penelope defiantly knows how to grab a reader and hold them for the full ride. 

I can't wait to read her other work. Penelope's storytelling is epic :-)


Stepbrother Dearest is defiantly going into the top books of 2014. Actually i'm re-reading this as we speak because I read it so fast that I had to make sure I didn't miss anything.


If you want to know more about Penelope Ward Click on the links below

  

No comments:

Post a Comment