Featured Post

Review Paper Princess/Broken Prince (The Royals) by Erin Watt

Hello fellow book addicts If there is one series that you have to read this year it has to be The Royal series by Erin Watt. As always the...

Monday, July 18, 2016

NetGalley Review: Until Harry by LA Casey





Blurb


He was my best friend, my best not-really-big-brother and my best protector. He was my best everything. He was mine.
Coming home is hard for Lane. Hard because Harry, her beloved uncle, has died suddenly, but also because of him. Kale.
Kale Hunt has been her best friend since childhood. But it was never that simple. He was Lane’s reason for leaving home and moving to New York. Seeing him with someone else, in love with someone else, shouldn’t have hurt. But it did. It really, really did. So she upped sticks and left, started a new life and cut herself off from her past.
But now she’s back and all the feelings are right there. As if she had never left.
Emotions are running high for everyone, and tragedy has a funny way of bringing people together. But is Lane reading the signs right? Are they still just friends, or is there something more?

Release Date: July 19th









At first thought when I read the blurb for Until Harry that this story was going to be one of those girl runs away from her heartbreak and returns home when tragedy hits, only to be reunited with the one who broke her heart.

 Did all of that happen. Yes but this story goes much more deeper than what I just mentioned. I was not emotionally ready for this story. I though this was going to be about hurt feeling and the love interest would try his best to break through to the hereon of the story in a lighthearted sort of way.

 Nope didn't happen that way.

 I was gutted... Like silently crying in bed trying not to wake my dork gutted.

 Or reading at work today and having to take several mental breaks before I burst into tears while my coworkers looked at me like I finally lost it lol.

 Lane and Kale's story left an imprint on my brain and heart. Beautifully written, I instantly connected with Lane and her emotions from her first flashback to switching back to present time to the end of the book. The bond between Lane and Kale is evident in the story line but you feel the emotions from both of them when reading.

 I really don't know what else to say with out throwing out spoilers. but I will say that Lane has went through a lot in her teenage years and it made me think back to my days in high school. This is defiantly one of those books that if your looking for a good cry, you have defiantly found the right book for it.

 Bravo to LA Casey for writing a beautiful story about love, loss and learning how to face your fears and past.

Rating



5 out of 5 stars (Top 5 book of 2016)



To Learn More about upcoming releases and news from L.A Casey you can follow the links below



and on Twitter at @authorlacasey.

No comments:

Post a Comment