Featured Post

Review Paper Princess/Broken Prince (The Royals) by Erin Watt

Hello fellow book addicts If there is one series that you have to read this year it has to be The Royal series by Erin Watt. As always the...

Friday, July 5, 2013

On Dublin Street Review/ Currently Reading!!!!!

Evening Addict's

I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July holiday.. I had to work but after work I hung out with my 2 chica's  Author L.H Nicole and my twin(not really twins but everyone say we look alike lol) Christena. So we went to Art Jamz which is a really cool place by the way. My original vision didn't go as planed so I ended up with this instead.
 it was suppose to be butterflies but it started to take shape of Hello Kitty's bow lol, so I went with it..
 
So enough of my rambling about me being kid free yesterday(hubby took them to go shoot fireworks with friends )
 
And now on to my review and author profile.
 
Now as you all know I was reading On Dublin Street the last time I posted on here and i'm going to now give you the cover and blub
 
Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare…

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.

Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached.

But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.
 
*Both cover and Blurb are from Goodreads.com)

Now on to Author Samantha Young

a 27 year old Scottish book addict and I graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 2009. I studied ancient and medieval history at uni, and it was in my first year there, in the middle of a classical literature lecture, that I first came up with the idea for The Tale of Lunarmorte. I've been writing since as long as I can remember, and I write in a number of genres including romance, paranormal, urban fantasy, fantasy, and contemporary.
I love pulling pieces of historical fact (or mythology) and twisting it to fit my stories, and am more than thankful my degree is being put to good use in my writing. I began self-publishing in 2011 and now write full time. 



Another huge part of my life is music and more often than not my music and writing come together.I'm a fan of many, many bands and artists; topping the list: The Airborne Toxic Event, Metric, White Lies, Biffy Clyro, the Killers, Muse, Paramore, Alex Winston, The Cardigans, Adele, We Are Scientists, the Kooks, Arcade Fire, Silverchair,Rihanna, Paolo Nutini,Kings of Leon, Florence and the Machine, and many, many more artists who can inspire the perfect scene.




As I said I'm also a massive book addict - my favourite writers: Chloe Neill, Stacia Kane, Laini Taylor, Taherah Mafi, Tammy Blackwell, Julie Kagawa, Patrick Ness, Orson Scott Card, Veronica Roth, Richelle Mead, Cassandra Clare, Michael Grant, Suzanne Collins, Rachel Vincent, Rachel Caine, Charlaine Harris, Maria V. Snyder, Melissa de la Cruz, Karen Marie Moning, Angela Carter, Margaret Atwood, J.K. Rowling and again, many, many more incredible authors
 
*Samantha Young's Bio comes from her author website*

If your interested you can find her one these websites
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4167378.Samantha_Young
Her official page: http://www.samanthayoungbooks.com/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Samantha-Young/215808575229107?ref=ts&fref=ts


And now for my review/thoughts........


Where do I begin with my review.... I loved it!!!! Loved the story line and all the obstacles Joss had to go though in order to love and let people in. The beginning tugged at my heart strings. But when the book switched back to the present day you have Joss sharing a cab with Braden Carmichael. What Joss thought was just two people sharing an interesting cab ride, but fate had other plans for Joss it wouldn't be the first and last time she see's Braden. What really had me hooked on the book is the slow burn of attraction between the two. At times I wanted to yell at Joss to just get over her issues, but dealing with the tragic event's in the beginning of the book I totally understand that it takes time for someone to heal. Excellent plot line that kept me reeled in from the beginning till the end.

The next book that I am currently reading is Down London Road
 This is Book 2 in her on Dublin Street series. As soon as I get a good chunk of ground covered with this book I will post an update on how far I am in the book..
 
 
Until then Have a fun weekend and as always
 
Behave yourselves and Read On!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment