Featured Post

Review Paper Princess/Broken Prince (The Royals) by Erin Watt

Hello fellow book addicts If there is one series that you have to read this year it has to be The Royal series by Erin Watt. As always the...

Friday, September 5, 2014

*Review* Black Lies By Alessandra Torre

Happy Friday Addicts.

You made it through another work week. 

Now it's time to kick back and 



This ARC for review was sent to me for an honest review. So I will try my best to give this book justice. For now here is the cover and synopsis followed by my review and author links. 

22471294

Synopsis

Brant: 
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years.
Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.

Lee: 
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.

Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.

If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.


My Review



Now let's see if I can do this review some justice because seriously this book has my head all screwed up(in a good way)

This story revolves around Layana Fairmont a socialite who feels as though she does not fit her heritage. She wants to break free from the life of privilege. She does not want to become just another trophy wife like her mother.  During a Gala for a charity Layana meets Brant Sharp computer genius and billionaire of BSX.  Things between Brant and Layana are heating up and soon they are both all that each other needs. Until Layana discovers a shocking secrete about Brant and things start to change between the two.  Then there is Lee the sexy as sin landscaper that has mowed his way into Layana's bed and heart. 

Initially this story when I first started to read it was me thinking, ok socialite is trying to find her place in life. Girl meets handsome guy and a beautiful relationship happens and with a little family drama thrown in for good measure to shake things up. That boy and girl will overcome the drama and live happily ever after.

Boy was I so wrong!!!

This story knocked me on my ass. Just when I was starting to dislike Layana for her betrayal to Brant. I get a one-two punch and a huge WTF. That's when I started to understand the dynamic between the love triangle that is Brant, Lee and Layana. 

I will warn you all that you are in for a huge emotional and mental fuck(sorry for the language)  Alessandra has easily made this book for me my #1 book so far this year.  A straight forward Must Read book this year. 

Alessandra has weaved a tale of two lives almost destroyed by lies and deceit but is redeemed by love. I don't know how else to put it but this story defiantly will leave you with a huge book hangover and leave you and emotional wreck. 

There are some really steam your glasses smexy scenes between Brant and Layana and Lee and Layana that will have you either grabbing for something to cool you off or your significant other for your own smexy time lol.

Once you reach the ultimate plot twist in the story you will be like me, needing to take a min to re-read key points and pouring yourself a glass of wine to calm your nerves. and to make sure you actually read that correctly lol.

All in all a kick ass stroy line that builds you up only to swallow you whole and spit you out broken, then bind you back together again. In other words buckle your seat belts your in for one hell of a ride. 

Alessandra you my dear have gained a new reader and I cannot wait for your next book to come out.

On that note I think I will re-read Black Lies again just for the rush :-)

To lean more about author Alessandra Torre you can click on the links below 

No comments:

Post a Comment