Featured Post

Review Paper Princess/Broken Prince (The Royals) by Erin Watt

Hello fellow book addicts If there is one series that you have to read this year it has to be The Royal series by Erin Watt. As always the...

Friday, June 28, 2013

Series Review/Forever too far review

Hey all

So... I finally finished forever too far and I wasn't impressed. But before I go over my thoughts on the book. I will give you a overview of The Too Far series by Abbi Glines.



First Book in the series is Fallen Too Far
To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.
 
 
 
*Now Fallen Too Far had be hooked from the go*
 
 
The Second Book is
He had held a secret that destroyed her world.

Everything she had known was no longer true.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.
 

 
*It was ok but the ending I felt was rushed it really left a lot of untied ends*
 
 
 
And Finally...
 
Rush promised her forever... but promises can be broken.

Torn between his love for his family and his love for Blaire, Rush has to find a way to save one without losing the other. In the end one has to be more important. Letting go isn’t easy.

Blaire believed in her fairytale... but no one can live in a fantasy.

Her love for Rush and desire to have a family keep her believing that they can find a way for this to work. Until she has to make the right decision for her and the baby. Even if it breaks her heart.

Can they find the forever that they both want or has it all just gone... too far?
 
 
*I went on goodreads to write my review and rating Forever Too Far*
 
*My thoughts on Forever Too Far*
 
I'm not going to say that I loved this book but I didn't hate it either. The last book had me feeling left high and dry with the ending but now that we got more from rush and blair. I kinda wished that some parts of this book was added to the second book, that would have been a better ending to their story.
I think a lot of things could have been left out also.
I also had problems with too many plot twists; I got so confused it was hard to keep everything straight. Also the third book contradicted too many things from the first book, which I really liked.
I did however like the fact that she did allow Grant and Harlow to have their own chapter; that makes me actually want to read their book, if and when that is published.
 

But Forever Too Far, for me, still had that unfinished feel to it. Some loose strings that needed to be tied before moving on to the next scenario with Rush and Blair. I don't want to spoil this book for others but I do think that Rush should have had a scene with his mother about the issues concerning Nan and him growing up- then he should have cut ties with the both of them. But this book just didn't do it for me and could have been done better.
 
 
Sorry Ms Glines but I am disappointed with the last two books like I previously stated book 3 could have been combined with book 2, then started with book 3. I felt there was no real character growth between Rush and Blair. You have them dealing with the same issues but didn't meet the people who were causing the problems head on. I felt as though Abe(Blair's Father) could not be trusted that easily again after the many betrayal's that he committed concerning Blair. Nan was a whiny spoiled brat that should have been dealt with in book 2. I know that she probably left Nan's story line open to go with a spin off book. But concerning Rush and her constant disrespect to Blair  in the series was a bit much.
 
 
Lastly I wanted to let you guys know that to each it's own concerning reading the same book or series. Everyone has their own opinion's to what they read. Some might love this series and some like me felt *meh* about it. Don't let my review/thoughts discourage you from reading this series. It's up to you the reader to determine if it's worth you time, who knows I might be wrong and you contact me to say *Psst* you must have been crazy to not like/love this series lol. But im very open to discussion about this series please feel free to drop a comment :-).
 
That's all I have for today fellow addicts enjoy your weekend!!!
 
And as always
 
Behave yourselves and Read On!!!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment